Attorney Machaiek joined Briggs & Wholey in January 2015. Attorney Machaiek, a mid-coast native, received her undergraduate degree from Brown University and graduated magna cum laude from the University of Maine School of Law in 2013. While a student at Maine Law, Attorney Machaiek prosecuted criminals in the Cumberland County District Attorney’s office, assisted in encouraging and promoting the competent and ethical practice of law as an extern at the Board of Overseers of the Bar, and honed her appellate advocacy skills as a competing member of the Maine Law Moot Court Team. Following graduation, she had the distinct honor of serving as a Law Clerk to Justice Warren Silver of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court.
At Briggs & Wholey, Attorney Machaiek represents plaintiffs in personal injury and medical malpractice cases. Her background in legal research and writing, as well as her intimate familiarity with the appellate process, allow her to bring a fresh and creative legal perspective to each case she handles.
Attorney Machaiek is a member of the Board of Governors of the Maine Trial Lawyers’ Association, where she serves on the Amicus Committee. She is a member of the Maine State Bar Association, the Knox County Bar Association, and the American Association for Justice, where she belongs to AAJ’s New Lawyer Division, Professional Liability Section, the Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway and Premises Liability Litigation Section, and the Federal Tort Liability and Military Advocacy Section. In addition, she serves on Maine’s Rules of Evidence Advisory Committee.
Areas of Practice
- B.A., Sociology, Brown University, 2009
- J.D., University of Maine School of Law, 2013
Magna cum laude
- Maine, 2013
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine, 2015
Awards and Recognitions
- Named as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” 2017
- Named as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” 2016
- Maine State Bar Association
- Knox County Bar Association
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- MTLA Amicus Committee
- American Association for Justice
- Maine Rules of Evidence Advisory Committee
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Warren M. Silver, Associate Justice, Maine Supreme Judicial Court (2013-2014)
- Student Attorney, Cumberland County District Attorney’s Office, Portland, Maine (2012-2013)
- Student Liaison to the Maine Rules of Evidence Advisory Committee (2012-2013)
- Legal Externship, Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar (2011)